The mission of Meals on Wheels of Palo Pinto County, Inc. is to promote the dignity and independence of elderly and disabled individuals in our community by providing nutritious meals.
Annually, the Meals on Wheels (MOW) program in Palo Pinto County serves over 50,000 meals to more than 350 home bound seniors. For many seniors, the daily meal delivery is a lifeline, both nutritionally and through reduced social isolation. Nationally, 1 in 9 seniors report that they experience hunger or worry about having enough food to eat. Thanks to the generous support of our community, we have taken the pledge to end senior hunger in Palo Pinto County.
We're more committed than ever to the idea of "neighbor helping neighbor." Our vision is to champion a community where older Americans are valued and honored. Where their physical, emotional, and social needs are met. Where they can remain self-sufficient and live in their own homes. And where their past contributions and the vital role they play today are both recognized and celebrated. Please JOIN US in this commitment to our home bound seniors.
Meals on Wheels of Palo Pinto County serves Mineral Wells and the entire county of Palo Pinto, including:
- Mineral Wells
- Possum Kingdom Lake
To be eligible for Meals On Wheels of Palo Pinto County, a person must be home bound (even for a short time), be unable to prepare a nutritious meal, and not have anyone available to prepare a nutritious meal on a regular basis. Eligibility is based solely on need and does not depend on income.
Give us a call if you are looking for service: 940-325-7919
To receive meals:
- You must be at least 60 years old, or
- Be between the ages of 18 and 59 with one or more disabilities
- Be unable to prepare food for yourself.
- Have no one at home to prepare food at lunchtime, such as a family member or caregiver.
Meals on Wheels is a free program for those who are eligible. Participants are asked to make a voluntary contribution, if possible, of $3.87 per meal. Contributions are strictly voluntary.
If you are under the age of 60 and have a disability, you are eligible for free Meals on Wheels services and may also be eligible for other services from the Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services (DADS). Go to the DADS website for more information – www.dads.state.tx.us
Meals of Wheels of Palo Pinto County is dedicated to helping disabled and elderly citizens of Palo Pinto County, however, there are other organizations that offer services to the community which may help those in need. Please use the following information below to help find services which may help you.
- Area Agency on Aging – www.nctcog.org
- United Way of Palo Pinto County – on Facebook
- Meals on Wheels of Texas – www.mealsonwheelstexas.org
- Meals on Wheels Association of America – www.mealsonwheelsamerica.org
- Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services – www.dads.state.tx.us
- Public Transit Services – www.publictransitservices.org
- Center of Life – 940-327-8700 - www.mwcol.org